BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Monday, January 10, 2011

We're All Connected

Reunions at Pearson are touching to watch.  People flying into each other's arms (or slamming, depending on the relationship).  I'm always in awe of the connections between people, sometimes unlikely as they may be.  Everyone here is entangled in a web of friendships and love that it is hard to distinguish who is connected to who. I guess we're all connected,  in life too.  You never know if that stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.  Often when I'm sitting in a skytrain I think about where everyone else is going and what they're thinking and how we probably have something in common.  A shared humanity.

The EE deadline is tonight at midnight and BREAK OUT THE CHAM---I MEAN SPARKLING APPLE JUICE! I'm FINISHED!  It feels great.  4000 words may not sound like that much (it kind of does) but for a first time, it was a feat. 

In other news, activities and classes have started up.  Despite hearing strange noises sleeping in my Pearson  bed last night, I had a pretty good day.  Two free blocks....built my first route on the climbing wall (or rather got all the guys to climb and screw in the holds....)...played with Mina....it was good times.  It's just nice to be back, I didn't realize how much I had missed.

On the dawn of my last term I vow to make this term a time of fulfilling dreams I have always had like running through this beautiful field towards the ocean, in Metchosin. Nevermind someone else owns it.  I am going to run through that field!  There's this really cool thing called Flying Wish Paper that when you write your wishes on it and light it, it flies!  So beautiful; and my housefellows let me try one...

May all your wishes come true, dear reader!

Love,
E

86061750, Dennis Hallinan /Archive Photos
credit: Dennis Hallinan

No comments:

Post a Comment