BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eclipse of the Moon

Eclipse of the moon leaves the sky blank
Wondering where all the stars went
Empty and hollow, lacking the will
To stop sky-dancing and just stay still
Clouds saunter by leaving a trail
Like boats on the water that majestically sail
Radiant beams have disappeared into dust
Explosion of light, remnants and gusts
Wrap Earth in debris all that remains
Are angry storms and pounding rains
And as the people look up for light
The sky is dark, lost the fight.

Eclipse of the heart leaves my mind blank
Wondering where all the love went
Empty and hollow, lacking the will
To stop shivering and just stay still
People saunter past like clouds in the sky
Murmuring words as the pass by
Nothing makes sense, disappeared into air
I grasp at memories but nothing is there
Wrap myself in blankets of salty quick tears
Explosion of anger, consumed by my fears
I look outside at pounding rains
I look up at the sky, but nothing remains.

No comments:

Post a Comment