BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Disappointment

Failure is only the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. ~Henry Ford


Today I found out I was not a semi-finalist in a substantial scholarship.  So far I have not succeeded in becoming finalists in any of the scholarships I have applied for.  Going through high school I always aimed to apply and win many scholarships to pay for university.  Now a terrible sinking feeling has made me doubt that.
 
I wrote a facebook note some time ago about failing. About how it's a good thing, the more you fail, the more chances you have to succeed.  Also Pearson's wonderful director, David Hawley, wrote a recent blog post about failing too: http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/directorsblog
 
I realize it's important to be humbled and it's important to learn.  Nevertheless, it just feels awful.
 
I guess I'll just keep applying.
 
-Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment