BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Year Production + More


Hello to the world!

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend, wherever you are. Yesterday was truly a lazy day for me. I woke up. Looked at places to travel during the summer. Watched a lot of episodes of Friends. Slept. And that's about it! There is something to be said for the art of doing nothing. I can't say it's an art well-practised at Pearson, but it is certainly necessary now and then.

There is this general rumour that November is a rough month. With all the work that needs to get done, I can agree somewhat. However, I've been waiting for all this stress to hit me and it really hasn't done so yet! Perhaps it's all in our attitude. What if we just approached each month normally? And were grateful for the chance to be educated here? One of the most frustrating things for me is when people don't realize this place is so much more than a school. It is an incubation period as my friend Spencer says. It is a time to garner all the skills and support required to positively influence the world.

Speaking of the world, our First Year Theatre Production was yesterday! I think it was a big hit. For photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dbhawley/sets/72157625253168475/

The title was "Holding a Mirror up to Nature." It featured one scene from Hamlet with the whole cast and then several scenes from different eras, cultures, and places. From Athol Fugard to Commedia, it was a wonderful show. I did the lights with Mischa from Slovakia and it was a great (albeit sometimes stressful experience).

Besides that....project week happened a while back! I had the chance to meet some new people whilst staying in Victoria and volunteering with the Red Cross and going to a conference on the weekend. It was tres relaxing.


I have joined a new activity - climbing! We have a new climbing wall in the gym so I'm looking forward to being more active, even if it means being in a completely male-dominated activity!

On another note, I am looking for au pair jobs around the world for the summer. So far there are two prospects: one in India and one in Italy. I don't really know what I'm going to do this summer, but I really want to travel. I know it's going to be challenging to leave this place. I can't really imagine it yet. Maybe I don't have to.

I better get back to that pile of work.

Drop me a note to let me know how you are.


Peace and love,

E


PS: there are some cool photos on the Pearson college home page: http://www.pearsoncollege.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment