BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Love

Happy Valentine's Day, my lovelies!

Well unfortunately there is no one to give me chocolates or roses, but I do have some great friends here.

Right now it's approaching 10pm on Sunday night and I really should be doing my homework, but I thought I'd post a short note....ah the internet is so good for procrastination purposes.

Rewinding three days - Friday was very eventful because as well as the Opening Ceremonies for the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics happening, Pearson College hosted a public musical cafe for the residents of Metchosin. The musical cafe was in support of all the people in Haiti and it was an amazing display of all the talented people around here. We laughed and sang and danced and it was beautiful! Some Metchosin residents shared some of their gifts and we sold some delicious baked goods.

Saturday I auditioned for a spoken word piece in One World and then went into town to buy some groceries. It was a very productive day! Also, it was Lunar New Year so the campus celebrated a new beginning (and dinner was awesome).

As if that wasn't enough excitement for one weekend, today is Valentine's. We had a 4 hour One World rehearsal (I am a part of 3 acts) in the afternoon and then many people arranged romantic evenings. I had a BEAUTIFUL candle-lit dinner with my absolutely phenomenal second year, Alistair. Not only is Alistair exceedingly kind and generous but he is also intelligent and very wise. :) I love him to bits.

Then we had a great McL house meetings where we all gave gifts to each other. Our gorgeous house baby - Mina - gave me a lovely card about the top 5 reasons why she loves me.

There is truly lots of love on campus.

With love,
Emmy



1 comment:

  1. emmy - glad to hear that you had a vday filled with love, even if it's not the exactly the kind that the commercials and tv tell us to look for on that particular day.

    i think i owe you a fb message...will get to that shortly ;) happy to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete