BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend at Home

So living in BC and attending Pearson College is in some ways a blessing, others a curse. One blessing I am so grateful to have is the ability to come home after a few months. I was having a bit of a frustrating time (I think it's the immense grey rainy cloud that has literally hung over my head for weeks) and really in need of a break. So I grabbed my wonderful friend Makyla from Ontario and the two of us set off on the trek back to Vancouver for a couple days. The 5 hour bus/ferry journey was well worth it because we spent some rejuvenating hours relishing all the space we had in my basement.

It was so lovely to see my family again.

We went downtown, but it was a really ugly day so we had to consult our two most reliable therapists to get rid of 'the grumpies' : chocolate and shopping! What else do you need? We also did some face masks, trashy tv, and a yoga class in the morning. I'm so glad I have the opportunity to visit home now and then, and bring friends with me.

I love you Mom and Dad.
Thanks for coming with me, dear Makyla.

Less than a month away from Winter Break. Time has slipped away unnoticed.

Hugs,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment