Lester B. Pearson United World College of the Pacific is a school of 200 students from 100 different countries. Every student is on full scholarship
(worth approx $80,000CDN**)
I am honoured to attend from 2009-2011.
** the above information was accurate at the time of publishing (2009), however Pearson has introduced new policies and continues to change and adapt to current circumstances. To learn more, please visit www.pearsoncollege.ca and/or www.uwc.org
BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.
Friday, September 18, 2009
My dear friend Pramish from Nepal has been a loyal follower of my blog since the very beginning. As we were walking to Metchosin Day he casually mentioned that I had not mentioned him even once here! So here goes.
- His favorite foods are fruits.
- He doesn't know what he wants to be yet, but I know he will be great
- He has two siblings that are studying in the US
- He had to go through an INTENSE application process to be here and is one in 500+
- His name sort of means "promise" (cool story behind it)
- He can speak Nepalese, Hindi, and a little Spanish? Probably some other languages too
- He is gosh darn awesome!
- It is his first time in Canada
- and there are many more interesting and great things about him
He likes the photo above, but I don't.... Because I'm not smiling.
Thank you Pramish for reading my blog! And all of you for reading this.