BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Sound of Silence



Lately I feel like I've been communing with nature more.  I went climbing outside on cliffs for the first time on Monday.  Let me tell you IT IS HARD.  I got maybe 5 feet off the ground, I think because you get so cold (it was drizzling) and there are no clear hand or foot holds, it's much more challenging.  I have so much respect for the incredible souls who free-climb (without a harness)....maybe it's a bit crazy but entirely remarkable.

After climbing I walked home through the forest. I'm a bit ashamed to say this but when I first got here I was a bit afraid of walking alone in the forest.  This time I fully appreciated and valued the experience.  It was beautiful.

Yesterday I had a lovely day.  Giving and receiving massages (so necessary in February), taking care of Mina, doing Waka Waka, an amazing dance for One World, and then....

WAKING UP TO SNOW!  It was so silent and still.  So pristine and white.  So stunningly gorgeous.

Everyone's complaining, especially Vicente from Brazil, cursing my dear old country, but to be honest, I wouldn't want the weather any other way right now.  It's a refreshing change.  Plus all faculty who live off campus cannot come to class....which means more free blocks for us.

It's food week, and a local lunch is sounding uber satisfying right now.

Lots of cold kisses,
Emmy


No comments:

Post a Comment