BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Home




It's nearly midnight and I'm sitting on my comfy red couch. Who knew that after living at Pearson I would see couches as well as countries in a whole new way? List of things I now have renewed appreciation for

1)My family
2) Cooking and beautiful food
--> Livingrooms, kitchens, single person bedrooms, and couches
3) Personal Space
--> bathrooms that lock
4) Getting up in the middle of the night to eat
5) Getting up in the middle of the night/morning and realizing you don't have to be too quiet because there's no else in the room
6) Time alone....did I already say that?
7) A select few TV shows
8) Reading the local paper with my breakfast
9) Looking out of my kitchen window in the mornings
10) Driving anywhere with my mom
11) The radio dial that has more than 2 stations
12) Being separate from school (like not living and learning in the same place)
13) Lingering over my food and eating when I want
14) Walking around wearing ugly clothes. Wait I still do that on campus.
15) Just being in the place where I've lived since I was four

It has been a challenging second term. A close family member of mine has been ill for several months and is only now recovering. It is an enormous relief to see that person back and ready for life. I elected to take this weekend off and spend some time with my family, alone. It's one of the best decisions I've made. I feel recharged and renewed. I am comforted that I still feel completely at home at either place. I am so happy.

I am so happy going back to Pearson, and I am so happy coming back home. It will be hard leaving my friends in a month, but there is something so beautiful about an unconditional welcoming, arms spread wide open, and a house full of love waiting on either side.

Today was great.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

In peace,
e

No comments:

Post a Comment