BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Feelings




Is it weird to feel extremely nervous and excited at the same time? That's how I'm feeling at the moment with...what...

26 days until my family and I pack up my bags and travel down to Victoria!!!!



So much has happened this last week. I have enjoyed fireworks, a radio show, met so many new friends, survived some of the hottest days in Vancouver, ever. At the same time though, I want to hang on to what is familiar and comforting (like my beautiful basement and family). Moving away from home is a big step. A big change. In my books, change allows us to change and grow to become better people.

There are two sides of the coin though - I am leaving the home I have lived in since I was four (pic below) and the parents that I confide in every day will be across the Georgia Strait. What is comforting though, is thinking of all the other students who are travelling ACROSS THE GLOBE to come to Pearson. Suddenly my plight seems much more insignificant.





Also I am blessed to have Zahida along for the ride with me, too. Zahida is from Burnaby, lives probably 5-10 minutes away from me, and went to the same school as my brother! She and I almost screamed over facebook msgs when we found out we had BOTH BEEN ACCEPTED INTO A UNITED WORLD COLLEGE! We have so much in common it's almost eerie. It will be so wonderful having someone at Pearson College who understands me and where I am from, and with whom I can travel with. Right now Zahida is travelling with friends in Palestine and Israel. If you would like to check out what she's up to: http://www.chloeinthemiddleeast.blogspot.com/

The photograph below is special to me because my immensely talented photographer friend, Julia Kozlov took it. We spent a wonderful day at the beach together. It was very relaxing.




No comments:

Post a Comment