BC students (PC years 35 and 36) at RaceRocks, taken by Mark Kelsey. Spring 2010.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of Classes

Day 10

Life here at Pearson is lovely. Every day brings new challenges and adventures. Today we started classes! I had English with Geoffrey (we are on a first name basis with all teachers and staff), History with Seb, Marine Science with Laura, and Anthropology with Stella.

Our teachers are from very diverse places also, and are some of the best I have ever come across. The average amount of people in a class is 10-12. And get this - nobody minds if you wear your pajamas for your first class!! I have been meeting so many talented and intelligent beings I feel surrounded by them all the time. I feel blessed.

I learned how barnacles reproduce today. It's quite disturbing.

We had a great time camping on the beach....besides that I've been enjoying some alone time in the spiritual centers, movies in the lecture halls...we have to sign up for activities soon and there are so many wonderful choices like:

- Fire fighting
- Sailing
- Kayaking
- International Dance
- Choir

I'm performing at a community event called Metchosin Day next week. We live in a remote village called Metchosin and Pearson is going to perform at their annual day. I'm in the Bollywood dance routine, the choir, and I'm singing for the gumboot dance.

I love it here.
I love love love it here.

Smiles and love and blessings,
Emmy

No comments:

Post a Comment